Sunday, November 1, 2009

Family Friends

My little princess loves everybody and everything.  It is a fantastic trait and one that I admire in her.  It can, however, complicate life at times.

My husband picked up this little treat in the backyard this morning.

snake4

Yep, that’s a little snake.

snake

My sweet girl dashed off and retrieved her Easter basket so that “Mr Snake” would be cozy.  She’s so thoughtful.

snake2

She then started to plead her case for keeping the snake as her new pet. She countered every argument we gave and even interjected,  “My friend Jackson has a pet snake.”  Thanks, Jackson. 

She then used the eyes.  Pitiful and unfair!

(Yes, that is Spiderman inspecting the snake.  We roll with the Super crowd.)

snake3

Unfortunately, Mommy is fairly immune to the eyes.  My angel was pretty disgusted with my lack of compassion for her new friend, but the  snake had to go. 

We’re talking about a pet fish.

3 comments:

Somer said...

Ok, so I won't be playing in your backyard!

Christie said...

Ha! That's awesome.....only a McCleary would want to keep it as a pet and not automatically kill it..... ;>)

Unknown said...

Awwwww....why can't she keep the little pet snake?? I think it would make a wonderful addition to your household. Hehehehee!!