Sunday, June 29, 2008

These are the moments of my life

I savor the quiet moments in my house.  I sit and drink a cup of coffee and reflect on how God has blessed me and my family.  These sweet moments usually take place on a day when the kids have miraculously synched up and taken their naps at the same time. (Can you hear the Hallelujah music?)  

However, there have been a few occasions that I realized that this serenity was just a fantasy.  Merely a mommy caught in a daydream. No one is asleep.  No music is playing.  Even so, the house is eerily quiet.  Trouble! 

During one of these spells Ella applied her own make-up just like Mommy.  Unfortunately, her tool of choice was a Sharpie marker.  Her eyes did look quite dramatic after that but I don’t think she quite achieved the effect she was going for. 

Bryce has recently joined into the sneaky mischief.  His method of making mommy crazy usually involves climbing.   A couple of weeks ago, I caught him on top of the dining room table, emptying his diaper bag and making a huge mess.  I didn’t speak a word to him but instead grabbed my camera.  I had a good laugh later as I looked at the progression of expressions he had when he realized he had been caught.  He immediately pouted, turned the pout into a scream, and then stared  in wonder at the crazy mommy who was taking pictures of the very sad baby.

IMG_2199

IMG_2202

IMG_2207

2 comments:

Woman said...

I know the panic of a quiet house. Amy used to climb upon the kitchen table if there was anything left on top of it. Once Laura painted her cheeks with nail polish.

Why no photo of Ella's makeup?

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my goodness he is so cute!!

I did the same thing one time to Little Logan. He was on the counter doing something he shouldn't of course, so I left him there long enough to take pictures. :)