Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July fun

We spent the 4th outside playing in the sprinklers and enjoying the day. We promised to take the kids to a fireworks show that evening and my daughter was super excited.  That is until I referred to fireworks as  “pop-pops”, which I thought was okay because this was the term she came up with last year to describe them.  Apparently, I had mistakenly provided the memory queue she needed to remind her that the fireworks were incredibly loud last year, a little scary, and had brought tears.  Before things went downhill too fast, we came up with a solution…

ella_4th

She was super cute in her daddy’s headgear and she pranced through the crowd of people at the fireworks show like the princess she is.  You would have thought she was wearing a tiara!  She gave a very loud (because her ears were muffled) commentary of the whole fireworks show and kept us laughing.

oh_wow4th

My precious baby boy, who is fearless, didn’t even seem to notice the sound.  He was completely captivated by the lights.  He would point his little finger and clap his hands and say, “Oh! Oh!”  It was precious.

bryce_4th

Despite the look on my face and the obvious exhaustion, it is so much fun watching my kids experience and be excited by the same traditions my family had growing up.  If I could keep them small a little longer, I certainly would!

3 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Which one did y'all go to?? We went to botof them. The one at Bridgestreet and the one at Joe Davis. I liked the one at Joe Davis the best.

April said...

Bryce looks tuckered out, but you look so skinny, meant to tell you how good your looking, pregnancy will be around the corner !!

Misty said...

Valarie- We went to Bridgestreet. It was nice because we could sit by the lake at Adtran but I think the show at Joe Davis is always spectacular.

April- Thanks and bite your tongue!!