Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer

Before you get too excited, this is not an awe inspiring post aimed at getting you excited about the upcoming holiday season.  Instead, this is a glimpse into what happens in my house when I’m not around.

One evening last week I was lounging on the couch, reading a book and enjoying a nice “me” moment.   Little man was playing trucks and his big sister was floating around the house with a mini flashlight, a favorite toy.  Life was good.

I was vaguely aware that my light wielding daughter was moving in my direction but  I continued with my exercise in relaxation.  Before I knew what happened, my sweet angel shoved her flashlight into my left nostril and peered at me with her big eyes. I was stunned and very still.  She then said in her sweetest and most excited voice,  “Sing the reindeer song, Mommy!  Sing the reindeer song!” 

clip_image002

I manage to remove the offending flashlight from my nose and with a little inquiry discovered that this is a game that Daddy taught my precious princess.  Oh, thank-you, Daddy!

I then laughed until I cried or maybe it was just the residual effects of the flashlight.

6 comments:

Life on the farm... said...

Ha ha...

Somer said...

Crack me up!

Suzie said...

LOL

April said...

I think we need to teach her the song about my ding a ling that she can sing to Daddy !! he hE

Woman said...

maybe she is practicing to be an ENT doctor

Brandi said...

hahahaha what they will do to us!