Thursday, August 21, 2008

Let us dance…

Almost every afternoon my kids and I turn on music and dance.  We leap, we twirl and we shake our booties.  It’s not sophisticated but it is a special time we share that no one really knows about.

Today I was particularly disgusted with the state of the house and was busy picking up toys, gathering laundry and generally raking the clutter together when my sweet angel asked if we could dance.  I almost told her to wait and then my mind was flooded with the thought that she’s only going to be this little, this loving, and this mine for a little while. 

You see, tonight my husband will attend the funeral of a child who attended his home church.  I have no doubt that God is working through the life and death of this beautiful girl and that his perfect will shall be accomplished; but the human part of me continues to struggle.  

I am not proud to admit that I have questions and I have fears and I just want to hold onto my kids extra tight in an attempt to protect them from this big bad world.  (I know, God, you’ve got them and thank you.

God’s still working on this part of me.

So in the meantime, we danced, we sang and we even ate peaches on the carpet.  All this with dishes in the sink, laundry in the hamper and toys almost everywhere. I will never be mistaken for Martha Stewart but somehow all that just seems a little less important.

5 comments:

Somer said...

God is still working on that part of me too. I know He has Savannah but I feel like I need to hold her so tight!

Suzie said...

IM WITH YOU SISTER DANCE AWAY

Lorie said...

That's a great lesson to learn early, cleaning and working can wait til tommorow, our children grow too fast much to our sorrow.
And that's he truth!
You're going to miss this!
Love ya, Lorie

MommyGirl said...

I am right there with you sister!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.