Sunday, August 24, 2008

Like Father, Like Son

I guess the old saying is true because when I went outside yesterday evening to call my husband in for supper, this is what I found…

dirtyjake

My very talented husband had been working on one of our cars and had apparently rubbed his hands up and down his face.  Why would he do that? 

Upon returning inside I found this…

dirtybryce

My precious baby boy had finished his meal and had also rubbed his little grubby hands all over his face (and his clothes and his high chair but what I can say, he’s an overachiever).

But in the midst of all of this dirt there is a shining light.  My sweet grubby-faced baby does see the value in clean hands.  In fact, he makes regular trips to the bathroom just to wash his hands in that water-filled basin that is so conveniently located right at his eye level.  I’m so proud!

7 comments:

Suzie said...

Yes my baby does it too. N-I-C-E

Life on the farm... said...

That's cute!

DD said...

Boys are Icky.

Somer said...

I love it!

Valarie Lea said...

Awww, he is acute messy little boy :)

MommyGirl said...

I have lots of father daughter similarities in my home, but they involve ice cream and TV.

Brandi said...

so cute!