Wednesday, August 6, 2008

She has left the nest

My firstborn, precious baby girl started her first day of preschool today.  It seems like just yesterday that she looked at me and said, “Mommy you're my best friend.  You’re my precious angel.”  Well, actually it was yesterday which made it even more difficult to leave her! 

She started the day with big hair, a banana, and a lot of excited talk about the adventures  to come.

firstday2

Here is the mandatory first day of school picture with the sparkling white shoes.  (they will never look this way again!)

firstdayofschool

I got teary as I left her.  She was unfazed.  In fact, I’m fairly certain that she’s trying to give me the brush off in this picture.

ellandmom

Someday I hope to be as resilient and brave as my children.  They jump into new situations without hesitation.  They seek out new friends and don’t wait for friends to find them, and they quickly bounce back when things do not go their way.  Maybe when I grow up.

8 comments:

DD said...

it was really cool meeting you today in target. :)

April said...

Oh my goodness !! I can't believe she stared pre-school. Don't you love first day of school pics ?

Brandi said...

loving the first day of school pics, it is beautiful! she is growing up so fast...

Woman said...

Great pictures! I did surprisingly well. No tears from anyone!

Life on the farm... said...

We would all be so much better off if we could go back and be little again... happiness everywhere... everyday!

Suzie said...

Poor mommy its so hard.

Valarie Lea said...

Awww she looks so pretty :) Did she have agood day a school?

MommyGirl said...

I know how you feel. It was so hard to leave Anna yesterday, especially since Emma was at home sick. Maybe we could all be more like our kids.